If you have vinyl shutters you might think that you have to take them down and get new ones, but if they are looking old and drab all you have to do is find the best paint for vinyl shutters. These paints can be found at most hardware and paint stores and you will just have to paint them to look exactly how you want them to look. You might even find a product that has a wood-look which you prefer to paint. The best paint for vinyl shutters is something that has a urethane and acrylic base. This is the safest and most long lasting paint to use.
Taking Down Your Old Shutters
- The main thing that you have to remember when you want to fix up your old shutters is to take them down first. This is a hassle, but it will really be worth it, so take the time to get the shutters down and soap them off as well as sand them.
- Another tip when you are choosing the paint that you want for your shutters is to keep light paint over light shutters, and dark colors over dark ones. If you use the dark color over a lighter color an expansion and contraction of the paint will cause it to crack and the lighter color will show through.
Another thing to remember when you get the best paint for vinyl shutters is that you should ensure that it is completely dry before you put it back on the walls. For inexpensive exterior vinyl shutters you should think about just repainting them instead of getting new ones, but otherwise a hardware store will stock all the items you need to custom make your own one.
Shopping For The Best Paint For Vinyl Shutters
When you are looking for paint or other kinds of coverings for vinyl, you should look at a specialist paint store instead of just at a home depot store or general hardware store. They will have a much bigger selection of colors to choose from and the quality you get will be perfect. There are lots of products that you can choose from and this means that you can get the exact look and colors that you want.
Finding The Best Paint For Vinyl Shutters Online
The best paint for vinyl shutters are those that are long lasting and that will provide the best possible protection from the elements. The resin in the urethane is thick and offers a good barrier from the wind, rain and sun. Some of the top brands can be purchased online as well, so you should check out some resources to find out what name brands to use and where you can get them online. This will save you some money and you can have it shipped on the same day. If you do want to get it from a local supplier, you should call around to see who has special offers on their vinyl paint.
How To Paint Vinyl Shutters The Easy Way
Vinyl shutters or bi fold interior window shutters are a common item in a household, but they can start to become faded and look drab, which is why you should look at how to paint vinyl shutters to restore them to their former glory. There are lots of painting tips that you can use to make your shutters look like new and the cost for this will not be all that high. When you buy vinyl shutters you will find that they are more costly than just restoring your old ones. If you know how to paint vinyl shutters, then you will have no problem in making them look brand new again.
To learn how to paint vinyl shutters is quite easy. There are tons of options for vinyl paint and this includes using a special paint mixture of urethane and acrylic. The mixture has to be just right, otherwise the paint will not last on the vinyl shutters. You can get this paint from a specialist paint store or an exclusive hardware store, but most general department store will not stock this kind of paint.
Do Some Research About It First
The main thing about using paint for vinyl shutters is that it is easy to do. You don’t have to worry about it not working and being too expensive. The process is simple if you just follow it correctly, so you should start off by reading up about how to paint vinyl shutters online and in a few magazines that offers painting advice and explanations.
One of the best things you can do if you want to get custom vinyl shutters, is to use any old vinyl ones you can find and repaint them so that they look brand new.
- It does not matter what color you start off with, but the main thing is how they fit.
- If you can get old second hand ones that fit into a strange size window or wherever you want, then you should get them.
- The paint is an easy process that you can then use to make them look great again.
Knowing How To Paint Vinyl Shutters And The Benefits Thereof
With the different types of shutters you will probably wonder why you should choose vinyl as opposed to wood or any other material. Well, the great thing about vinyl is that it is long lasting. It does not get cracked and rot as some wood will do, and you can always combat the fading by keeping it painted regularly.
Getting A Sealant To Make It More Durable
With wood you might have a wood that is not that strong and durable and that starts to rot when it has been outside in the rain for too long. Nowadays there are special sealants that one can use to prevent this from happening. The vinyl is also perfect for a more modern and less cottage. You can get a nice solid color on it and you can make this color whatever you like, even lime green or bright orange. Whatever you choose in terms of shutters, you should look at how to paint vinyl shutters just in case you want to get these and keep them looking brand new.
How To Buy Vinyl Shutters
Looking for things for your home is always fun, but when you are looking to buy vinyl shutters, or shutters of any kind in fact, you will not want to rush the process. This is something that you will want to really think about. You are making an investment for your home, because we all know that shutters do not come cheap. So, when you are looking to buy vinyl shutters, or some other shutter, make sure that you know what you need to do?
Where To Put Your Shutters
The first thing that you will want to do is make sure you have the space to put the shutters. You are able to get shutters for the inside of your home and the outside of your home, so you will, first of all, need to find where you want to put yours.
- If you are going to put your new shutter on the exterior of your home, you will need to make sure that you know that the paint work is going to fade with time and that you will need to do a ton of maintenance to keep those exterior shutters clean and looking good.
- You will also find that the screws used to keep them in place will start to rush and weather and that you will have to replace these too.
- Sometimes the hole that the screws are in will start to get larger with the movement of the shutter in the wind, so you will have to keep an eye on those as well.
All in all, you need to know that exterior shutters are a lot of work, not only to maintain over time, but to install initially too. However, there is one some good things that you get out of exterior shutters, and that is that they give your home a complete facelift on the outside. If, however, you where to go and buy vinyl shutters for the inside of your home, you will find that you will have less work ahead of you.
Considering Your Space
The size of your space is very important when you are looking to install colonial interior window shutters. So you will need to do a little measuring before you order anything. Before you do that however, you will want to think about getting a professional to do this for you but you can always do it yourself if you think that you will be able to handle it. If do feel like doing it yourself you will need to make sure that you have everything you need before you start, and you will want to make sure that you have enough time to make sure that the job can be completed in one day.
- The great thing about shutter, whether they are interior shutter or exterior shutter is that you can make them yourself. You will also want to know that hanging exterior vinyl shutters takes time and can prove to be hard.
- If you are going to get custom vinyl shutters made for you and you are looking to paint them yourself you will want to find a how to paint vinyl shutters guide. There are a number of them floating around, but you will want to make sure that sets everything you need out from start to completion.
If you are looking to make your window look unique you may want to think of using a bit of fusion paint. You will also want to look at different color combinations. If you are going to do this, you will need to be careful, because there is a chance that you can make your shutters look like you got them from a traveling circus.
Buying Shutter Shades
Whatever you choose to go with you will need to know where to buy shutter shades like, bahama, plantation online. There are a number of other things that you will have to keep in mind before you go out to buy shutters.
- If you own your house you can go with any type of shutter, but if you are renting, and you are looking for custom vinyl shutters, you may need to go with interior shades.
- Whether you are going to buy shutter for the inside of your house or the outside you will need to know how to paint vinyl shutters.
- There are a number of ways to do this, but you will want to play around with colors and make sure that your shutters fit into your home and your lifestyle.
The other thing that you may want to do when you buy vinyl shutters is to get them pre-painted, and to get them installed professionally, but that is up to you, and how much money you are looking to spend on your shutters.