If you want to learn about the different kinds of window shutters that you can get to make your home look more charming you can learn about what bi fold interior window shutters are. These are some of the more interesting shutter options that you have because they actually fold in two places. Aside from just opening out they also fold in the middle of each side. This means that these bi fold interior window shutters are made with 4 panels which are hinged together.
Bi Fold Interior Window Shutters Instructions
- If you look at how to make interior window shutters you will have to decide about the bi fold option and then look at instructions about how to connect the panels with the hinges.
- The board and batten is the next thing you will have to decide. This is how the panels of wood are reinforced, either across diagonally or with two planks of wood along the top and bottom.
- When you want to get the bi fold ones you will have to measure out your windows very carefully to make sure that they will fit.
- The last thing you want is to find out when you install them that they don’t fit. This is why measuring is so important.
You can also get them custom made if you cannot find any bi fold or colonial interior window shutters that fit your windows that are already made.
What These Shutters Offer
The bi fold interior window shutters are made specifically to be decorative, but also to provide more or less protection from the wind or sun depending on what time of day it is. You might find that the sun is shining directly onto you when you are working at your computer. All you have to do is close one half of the shutter and this will be sufficient without blocking any of the light out.
There are many reasons to use the shutters like these ones and if you want to create a more interesting look in your home, you can install these, even if you have to practical reason to use them. You can make your house look even more interesting by choosing a contrasting color to paint it with the best paint for vinyl shutters. If you have white walls you can make your shutters black which are very contemporary. If you have creamy colored walls, then the white will look classic and pretty.
Where To Find Bi Fold Interior Window Shutters
Once you have decided what style and color of shutters you like, you can find them online or you can easily get them from your local hardware, interior design, or department store. You should phone around to see where to get the cheapest ones from, but you can also get second hand ones that other people might not want. With these you can send them down and repaint them to look like new. Reusing items and refurbishing them will give you a very affordable alternative to buying brand new bi fold interior window shutters and they can look just as brilliant in your home no matter what room you want to use them in.
Fitting And Finding Interior Window Shutters
If you are looking to install shutters on the inside of your home, you need to know that there is more to interior window shutters that meets the eye. The first thing that you need to know is that interior shutters take up quite a bit of space. This means that, in a way, you interior get a tiny bit narrower, because if you want to place a sofa in front of a window, you will have to account for the space the shutter needs to open and close, and the amount of space the interior window shutter takes up just by being installed.
Choosing The Right Style Shutter For Your Home
Now, before you get started to look for shutters, you will have to think about the style of shutter you are going to get installed in your home. You will also have to really think about the advantages or getting exterior shutter rather than interior shutters there are a few.
- The first thing that you will have to think of is the facelift that the exterior of your home will get if you where to install a few exterior shutters.
- If you are renting the house that you are in, you stand a chance of losing the shutters that you have installed, because some of the leases or home contracts out there state that if you are to install anything on the outside of your home, you will have to leave it there when you move out.
- This is why most of the people out there, who are renting, choose to go with interior window shutters, because they are able to uninstall the device when they need, and it will not require them to get out ladders and huge tools to get the job done.
If you are looking for something specific in your window shutters, it may be harder to find in stores or online. This is why you may want to consider custom interior window shutters and window treatments. If you are going to do this, you will have to choose a material that you like for your shutter to be made of, like wood, plastic, metal or even vinyl.
Do All Your Planning
One thing that you will have to remember is that decorating your home is not easy, so you will need to take your time, plan it all out on paper and always remember to write all of your measurements down, so that you have everything with you at all times.
You will want to keep your themes alive in your home, and you do not need to go overboard, just because you have colonial interior windows shutters installed. Keep it simple, but make the best parts of your decorating stand out, by exaggerating them with down lighting, or a bright color, but be really careful how you do that too. Another style to look at is cottage style exterior window shutters which will make any home look like a cottage dream home.