Whether you are remodeling your bathroom or you are building an entirely new bathroom, one important decision you are going to have to make is about bathroom vanities. No doubt you will want to pick out a great vanity that will be function and beautiful for your bathroom. But where do you get started? Well, you need to consider the various types of vanities that are out there for your bathroom, and then you need to figure out how to pick the best vanity for your individual needs.
Different Types of Vanities
When it comes to choosing a vanity for your bathroom, there are a variety of different choices that you will have to choose from. Whether you are going for a contemporary look or you are someone who prefers a traditional or antique look, you are sure to find the perfect vanity that you want. The following are a few different types of vanities that are available.
- Wooden Vanities – There are many people who love the warmth and beauty of having a wooden vanity. You can find beautiful vanities made of wood that come in all different types of wood. These vanities can be found in maple, pine, oak, and more. So, you are sure to find the perfect oak vanity to go along with the décor you have in the rest of your bathroom. In fact, you may want to match the rest of your bathroom furniture to the wood that you use on the vanity as well.
- Double Vanities – If you are sharing a bathroom with someone else, such as a spouse, you may want to consider going with a doubt vanity. Why? Well, it simply just helps to make things easier in the bathroom. You’ll have room for two sinks so you both can use the sink at once. Also, you’ll have more room for storage, which is a great idea when more than one person is using the same bathroom.
- Corner Vanities – For people who have a very small bathroom, saving space is going to be important, so you won’t want to take up a huge amount of room with your vanity of choice. One great choice that can help you out in this dilemma is to go with a nice corner vanity. These vanities are designed to fit right in a corner of your bathroom so that they do not take up too much of your precious floor space. Not only will they save space, but you can find great designs to match any bathroom décor.
- Contemporary Vanities – Another different type of vanity you may want to consider for your bathroom is a contemporary vanity. These vanities are designed for bathrooms that want to achieve a very modern style and look. They usually have sleek and sparse lines that look simple, yet elegant, and often they have special variations that make them a great choice for people with a forward thinking style.
- Antique Vanities – Many people who love the styles and looks of the past, love the idea of having antique vanities for their bathroom. While you can actually find and purchase some vanities that are antiques, most people just go for a vanity that has an antique look to it. Even though it may not be an actual antique, it can give you that antique look and charm that you have been wanting in your bathroom.