More than likely you have used a steam cleaner at some point in your life. Probably you have used it on carpets or on furniture to get it looking in tip top shape. However, you may have never even thought about using a steam cleaner in your bathroom. Yes, a bathroom steam cleaner really can work for cleaning your bathroom and getting it spic and span in no time. A bathroom steam cleaner creates steam, which helps to loosen the grime and dirt that is often on the surfaces in your bathroom. All you’ll need are some great steam cleaning agents and you’ll be ready to get to work in your bathroom with your steam cleaner.
Great Uses for Your Bathroom Steam Cleaner
Once you have a nice steam cleaner for your bathroom, you are going to find that it makes a variety of bathroom cleaning tasks so much easier. In fact, you’ll probably be surprised at all the ways you can use this cleaner in your bathroom. The following are just a few of the great uses you’ll be able to enjoy with your new steam cleaner for the bathroom.
- Cleaning the Tub – One excellent use for your steam cleaner in the bathroom is cleaning the bath tub. Most people are not thrilled with the back straining task of bending over a tub and scrubbing it out. However, with the use of a steam cleaner for your bathroom, cleaning your tub becomes much easier. If you have a tub that is dirty and full of soap scum and plain old dirt, a steam cleaner will really do the trick for you. You simply spray the area and start working on the tub. Sure, it is still going to take a bit of effort on your part; however, it will definitely be easier than your traditional way of cleaning your bath tub.
- Dealing with Dirty Toilets – So, no one really likes to deal with the dirty toilets. It is definitely not a pleasant task, and no doubt everyone in your house is always trying to get out of this household chore. However, you can use a bathroom steam cleaner on your toilets as well. You can use the brushes of your steam cleaner to get the dirt off around the rim and a larger brush to get down inside the bowl. You’ll find this is much easier than other toilet cleaning methods and it will really get your toilet sparkling.
- Bathroom Sink Cleaning – Believe it or not, you can use the steam cleaner on the sink and counter tops too. Toothpaste, hairspray, makeup, and who knows what else can get all over your bathroom sink, and it can take a bit of work to get it looking clean and shiny again. However, with a good steam cleaner, you can get rid of this mess in a jiffy. Use an appropriate brush on your counter, but be sure you wrap it up in a towel to avoid causing any scratches. In no time at all you’ll have your sink and counter looking great.
- Great for Tile and Grout – If you have tile anywhere in your bathroom, you know how difficult it can be to get it clean and to keep it looking great. You may have stains all over the grout, and it may look like an impossible task, but with your steam cleaner for the bathroom you can make it look great in no time at all. Using a brass nozzle brush is a great way to clean off any grime from your tile and it can really clean up the grout too. Without a whole lot of effort on your part you’ll be able to get the dirt off the grout and tile. Before you know it your tile will look like new again.
Before You Buy
When you are ready to buy a bathroom steam cleaner, more than likely you are going to want to be sure that you get the best one for your needs. There are a variety of things that you will need to consider before making your final decision. The following are a few considerations to keep in mind.
- The Size – One of the first considerations to keep in mind is the size of the steam cleaner. Sure, you’ll want a steam cleaner that is large enough to do the job for you, but you don’t want one that is so large that you kill you’re back trying to drag it around. Go for a size that you are comfortable with.
- Power of the Cleaner – You’ll also want to consider the power of the cleaner as well before you buy. The most powerful one may not always be the best cleaner for you. So, find one that has good power, but that handles well too.
- Upright or Canister – You can either get an upright steam cleaner or a canister steam cleaner. For people who only need to clean small areas, such as the bathroom, then a canister cleaner may be the best option. However, for the larger areas, you may want to go for an upright cleaner instead.
- Tank Design – There are a couple options when it comes to the tank design of bathroom steam cleaners too. You can get tanks that heat the water or you can go for a regular tank that does not heat the water for you. Of course you are going to pay a bit more for one with a heater, but it does help to keep the water from cooling off quickly while you are cleaning.